Lake Mývatn & Snowmobile Tour from Akureyri
Lake Mývatn & Snowmobile Tour is a combination of a sightseeing tour and a snowmobile adventure. The perfect winter activity! The day starts with a pickup in Akureyri by our local guide. The trip to Lake Mývatn is just over an hour, during you might stop at the magnificent Goðafoss Waterfall (sometimes the guide stops on the way back). Once in Lake Mývatn you will be greeted by our snowmobile expert. You will get helmets, coveralls and boots and of course instructions how to operate the powerful snowmobiles. The snowmobile tour will either take part on the lake itself our in the mountain hills surrounding the lake. After about 30 minutes of adrenaline rushing snowmobile adventure you will meet our guide again, in time for a relaxing bath in the Lake Mývatn Nature Baths (admission fee for Baths is not included). After the relaxing and warm soak we head back to Akureyri, returning around 5 pm.
Lake Mývatn tour
The passengers on this tour will travel with our regular Lake Mývatn & Nature Baths Tour. If a part of your family or group does not want to join the tour it is no problem for the others to continue on the regular tour.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 6 years|
What is included
- Transportation to Lake Mývatn with guideSnowmobileHelmetsCoveralls & Gloves
- Good walking shoesWarm clothingWater bottleSunglasses
- Reservation is necessary
- During the tour we break for refreshments at a café. The stop is quite late on the tour and we therefore recommend a pre-packed lunch.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancel the tour.
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour if minimum number of passengers are not met (3 passengers)